The ATO hosted a webinar on 21 September 2020 to provide an overview of the new deductible gift recipient (DGR) category for community sheds, which starts from 1 October 2020.
For your convenience we have published copies of the webinar presentation pack and help sheet they provided a:
Help Sheet – providing guidance on meeting the requirements for DGR endorsement. It contains tips and examples that may help when reviewing your governing documents.
Webinar presentation pack – covering what is required to become DGR endorsed, the steps you need to take to apply, and your ongoing responsibilities
Be sure to visit the dedicated ATO Community Sheds webpage for additional support and information on:
- the DGR item number that you need to include in your application
- requirements for your governing documents, including the best way to submit them with your application
- how to apply to be DGR endorsed
- information about tax-deductible gifts and donations
- a recording of their 21 September 2020 webinar session.
If you have any questions about:
- your DGR endorsement application
phone the ATO on 1300 130 248 between 8.00am and 6.00pm, Monday to Friday
- your charity registration
phone the ACNC on 13 22 62 between 1pm and 5pm, weekdays.