It’s important that Men’s Sheds of WA provides a safe, welcoming space for all men in the community.
Our Chaplain focusses on building positive relationships within Sheds, allowing them to better support each other and the local community.
Our Chaplain includes and respects all beliefs, all services provided by our Chaplain are non-discriminatory and available to Shed members of all beliefs. Discussions with our Chaplain are confidential.
We are fortunate to have the experience and compassion of Richard McAllister as our Chaplain.
Richard is a great addition to your next Shed event, he can provide practical advice to your members and speak on wellbeing and health issues at your sundowners, morning teas etc. He is also available to conduct workshops or seminars on topics like bereavement.
Richard supports Men’s Sheds by:
- advising and consulting with Sheds and individual shedders on men’s physical, mental and spiritual wellbeing
- providing pastoral care for members
- linking members with appropriate support services and agencies
- supporting wellbeing and health officers in Sheds.
Richard can help members of your Shed with:
- mentoring and friendly support
- pastoral counselling for spiritual, religious and personal issues
- maintaining social connections and wellbeing during COVID-19 restrictions.
Richard has worked to offer support to all Shed members in times of need or crisis. This includes assisting individuals who are isolated, hurting, or experiencing difficult times including family breakdown, illness, confusion, grief or pain.
Contact our Chaplain
firstname.lastname@example.org or you can get in touch with him through our office.