Men’s Sheds of WA is very grateful to all the special people who choose to support the men shed movement through a bequest (a gift or Legacy made in your Will).
Did you know that:
- men in Australia die six years younger than women on average.
- men under 65 are four times more likely than women to die from heart disease.
- three out of four suicides are male.
Your bequest will contribute directly to our expanding our activities, helping Men’s Sheds of WA have an everlasting impact on the health future of West Australian men.
Every dollar really does make a difference to us and you can rest knowing you’ve made a positive difference to your community after you’re gone.
How bequests work
You have various options when it comes to leaving a gift in your will to ensure your estate is shared how you wish:
- Residual gift – this means leaving the remainder (or percentage thereof) of your estate to Men’s Sheds of WA, after your loved ones have been considered, and any expenses deducted.
- Pecuniary bequest/fixed sum – this gift is in the form of a specified cash amount e.g. $10,000.
- Percentage bequest – this is used if you wish to divide your estate among a number of people or organisations. Leaving your gift as a percentage rather than a fixed amount will ensure that inﬂation doesn’t erode the value of your gift over time.