It’s been a busy year for us. In this financial year we
- released a new strategic plan in September, focussing our goals and priorities for the coming years
- commissioned a research piece through Curtin University
- appointed four new board members in October, including 3 independent members creating a broader scope and view of operations
- completed our Be connected program, an initiative to improve digital literacy amongst Shed members
- launched a brand new website with an updated logo
- introduced the Shedder’s pledge, a positive statement that forms the basis for a Code of Conduct for Sheds and will help to promote respect within Sheds
- held 2 rounds of zone meetings, the first in September 2020 and again in May 2021
And we’re not slowing down. Some of our 2022 plans include
- delivering the Federal Government’s Regional Coordinators for Men’s Sheds Initiative in Western Australia
- running a pilot small grants program for Sheds, funded by Lotterywest
- holding our Men’s Sheds of WA conference in November
- improving the find a shed resource on our website
As our key stakeholders we welcome opportunities to chat to members of the Sheds to get feedback on our work and to seek additional opportunities to be of value to our members.
Please grab your cuppa and join us. We’re looking forward to seeing you there.
Updated after the meeting:
Thanks for everyone who joined us today.